Advanced Big Spiral covers the D- and E-level skills in the Big Spiral category including Bombs and 1-Arm Cartwheels.
When performing cartwheels (big spiral) in the basic position, the gymnast begins in a standard, upright position in the wheel. The gymnast then inverts and shifts their weight (in a rolling motion) from the trail-foot to the trail-hand, lead-hand, and finally the lead-foot. The cartwheel is completed upon returning to the standard, upright position.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Expert
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
“D” skills in big spiral
- BS-D1a – Spiral with one arm
- BS-D1b – Spiral spindle rotation with one arm
- BS-D2 – Spiral reverse (bridge) with feet together (body in front of wheel)
- BS-D3 – Spiral reverse (bridge) with one leg
- BS-D4 – Spiral one-armed jumping full twist (monkey) (must be performed twice in succession, i.e. one directly after another)
- BS-D5 – Spiral with one-armed full twist followed by one-armed spiral (walking monkey) (must be performed twice)
- BS-D6 – Spiral backward roll lying in the wheel, landing on the wheel in a big spiral side rotation. The gymnast is allowed to touch the floor with his/her feet when initiating the skill.
- BS-D7 – Spiral all skills in big spiral with one decentralised element, e.g. hanging tucked/straddle that is started and finished in any position in spiral (e.g. with landing in splits or standing on the wheel rim)
"E” skills in big spiral
- BS-E1 – Spiral reverse (bridge) with one arm
- BS-E2 – Spiral a skill consisting of an ongoing decentralised element (e.g. hanging tucked /“cannon ball”) in big spiral that is held for at least 2 wheel rotations – it must be started in big spiral and finished in any position in big spiral (e.g. landing in splits or standing on the wheel)
- BS-E3 – Spiral backward roll lying in the wheel – performed directly after another skill (e.g. big spiral, change) and finished landing on the wheel to continue the routine without interruption.
- BS-E4 – Spiral upward circle in the wheel – performed directly after a preceding skill and finished landing in the wheel to continue the routine without interruption.
- BS-E5 – Spiral jumping over to other side of wheel in change of direction (champagne)